I can't believe it has been so long since my last post. My little life has been quite busy since Christmas! Can you guess I am already 16 months?

Christmas was amazing- we spent it in Vancouver! Don't worry I opened my presents via SKYPE so my grandparents could watch! Here is a picture of us on Christmas morning. Don't you love our matching pj's? Daddy sure does!In January, Nani and Nana came for a visit from Winnipeg. While they were here, we visited my cousin Saavin in Nanaimo, BC and had to take a ferry over to visit them! It was so much fun- even Einstein came for the ride!
Also in January, Mommy got a new job. Mommy is the math/science teacher for the Montessori program at Gladstone Secondary on the east side of Vancouver. She also teaches 3 blocks of "mainstream" Math 10.
She is having a blast and loves being in the classroom again! She seems quite busy planning and marking- but don't worry I help!Daddy is of course busy as usual. He really enjoyed the winter Olympics this year as they were in Vancouver. He took me downtown a lot so I could enjoy the festivities. We even went to the dress rehearsal for the opening ceremonies. It was an amazing experience and made
me feel proud to be a Canadian- well a dual citizen anyways. Uncle Leon even made his way down from Winnipeg to partake in the games- as a spectator of course! Since I have been working so hard at going to daycare these last few months, mommy busy with her new job and of course daddy busy with all his experiments- we decided to actually take a break during Spring Break. We decided to drive to Seattle and take a plane to Iceland! We rented a car and drove a circle around the island. 7 days...2426kms... IT WAS AMAZING! We enjoyed the coast and Reykjavik in the west, snow covered peaks of the north, the plentiful fjords of the east, lava fields and glaciers of the south. It is difficult to describe Iceland as the scenery is not like anything any of us have ever seen! We got a chance to visit some of Daddy's family in the north as well as see the towns were my Great-Great Grand Parents were from! We stayed in guesthouses and met a lot of people! Of course everyone thought I was the cutest kid of a 1/4 Icelandic descent around! We were lucky that we were there the week before the volcano near Skogar erupted and yes we did drive by there and stop in that area
We were supposed to go dog sledding on the glacier near Skogar, but it got cancelled due to volcanic activity! I guess the scientists aren't always wrong! More highlights from the trip included seeing all the amazing waterfalls, geysers, hot springs-especially swimming in the Blue Lagoon, and walking on a couple glaciers! Here is a link to more pictures from our trip if you are interested.
![]() |
| Iceland Highlights |
Other than that- I got my first tooth on February 14th (at almost 15 months)! Currently I have four teeth. I am about 27 lbs and am 34 inches! I can identify many of my body parts, various animals, and speak a couple handful of words. My favourite activity is chasing Einstein around the house. It makes me giggle uncontrollably! I eat anything and everything! I am a typical boy.
Here are a few pictures from the past few months!
I will write more next month!
Take care.
Kisses and hugs to all my peeps-
Kailas A. Gawryluk




2 comments:
He is getting SO big!
Wow! Kailas is getting so big! What a cute little man you have there.
Post a Comment